Kodi is an open-source media center application. With Kodi App installed on TV or Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac, you can enjoy videos, TV shows, and movies.
If you are a tech enthusiast you must have certainly heard about Kodi. And it might not be for all good reasons. It is a controversial media center app that allows you to share all kinds of media such as video, music, and pictures around the room. This also means that one could share copyrighted or private content over the internet.
It helps you to stream all your favorite movies, music and pictures in one place. Users can change and customize every feature of this application as all of its code are available and open to the public. It has made its mark with everyone who used it to share media with their fellow beings. It is compatible with almost all of the operating systems.
Features of Kodi App
It is an all in one media sharing center, it also allows you to stream online content by using a ton of add-ons and extensions that it has. You could even watch live TV by streaming and recording it over the app. The application itself doesn’t come with preloaded content, to be able to use it, one has to point it to these third-party extensions and streaming platforms.
The app description of Kodi for Android 5.0 and above are as follows.
- App Name: Kodi
- App Size: 82.8 MB
- Current Version: 17.6 Krypton
- Beta Release: 18.1 Leia
- Requires Android: 5.0 and up
- Total Downloads: 30,000,000+
- Developer(s): XBMC Foundation
Some of the major features of Kodi are as follows:
- This media center is a free and open-source media center.
- It supports almost all video, audio, and picture formats.
- The User Interface is easy to use and navigate on most platforms.
- XMBC provides regular updates to fix its issues.
- There is a Huge library of add-ons and skins available over the application database.
Get Kodi for Android, Windows or iOS
Kodi is available to download on the Google Play store, Apple App store and from its official website. If you have trouble downloading from the app store, you could download this app from our links. Follow the steps and download the application for your device.
Download Kodi for Android
- Ensure that you are allowing “Installation from Unknown Sources”. If not, go to Settings >> Security >> Device Management >> Toggle on “Unknown Sources”.
- Download APK File using this link.
- Tap on the Install button.
- Agree to the terms and condition.
- The download will begin, wait for it to finish as it may take some time.
- You can find the App on the desktop once finishing installation.
Download Kodi for iOS
- Download iOS File using the given link. (Requires jailbroken iPhone/iPad/iPod)
- Scroll down and click on iOS device icon.
- Kodi will start getting downloaded on your device, wait for few minutes until it gets complete.
- Once it is done, you are good to go.
Download Kodi for Windows
- Download EXE File (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).
- Scroll down and click on the Windows icon.
- Select the suitable version for your OS.
- Make sure that you have selected latest version
- After clicking the version, the download will begin.
- Wait until it finishes the downloading process ends.
- Once done, then you will have the app on your desktop.
What devices can run Kodi?
Kodi is available on all platforms and is originally designed to be loaded with a Television, but there are ways you could the application on your Android or iOS device. That being said, some of these platforms would have an easier time running the media center than others.
For example, Android users looking to run Kodi can only run it on a rooted Android version or Android 5.0 and above. If you are looking to use it on your iPad or iPhone you have to make sure that your iOS device is jailbroken first.
History of Kodi
This controversial media sharing application has been around since 2002 but then it was known by another name-Xbox Media Player, then again some of its features were added and the name was again changed to Xbox Media Center in 2003. It kept this name till 2014. After which, the XMBC retitled it to Kodi.